This position provides administrative services and assistance requiring occasional discretion and judgment. Coordinates a unique set of processes and/or services for an assigned area such as contracting, claims, sales,recruitment, services or billing.
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior. We have a strong patient to nurse ratio, a culture of Shared Leadership, and are proud members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
8 hour day shifts
40 hours per week
1. Provides administrative and customer or vendor services in assigned area. This may include performing business support functions and related administrative tasks to support a program or process.
2. Reviews and/or audits documents, forms or invoices for appropriateness/accuracy. Initiates corrective action, as appropriate.
3. Corresponds with customers, patients, potential candidates, and vendors using defined formats and procedures, via verbal, electronic and written communications.
4. Maintains records and/or files for assigned area. Ensures appropriate documentation is timely and accurately entered into departmental application.
5. As assigned, prepares, collates, and distributes various reports in a timely and accurate manner. May complete or handle recurring department projects or one-time projects, as directed by supervisor.
6. May maintain supply inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbents immediate manager.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent education and two or more years administrative work experience in a related area.
Works independently under general supervision. Represents the company as a primary point of contact to outside entities such as insurance claimants, patients, service providers, community agencies, vendors, etc. Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above. Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with departmental personnel, assist customers with inquiries, schedule meetings and appointments, as well as, provide assistance with incoming telephone calls and walk-ins. Requires the ability to work effectively with common office software, including spreadsheets and word processing. Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task workload in a fast paced environment and maintain a professional manner.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
OE - Typical Office Environment: (Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Consultant, Program Manager)
• Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking.
• May be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment.
• Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
• Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
• May require off-site travel