This position provides temporary clerical and administrative services and assistance requiring occasional discretion and judgment.
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior. We have a strong patient to nurse ratio, a culture of Shared Leadership, and are proud members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
Position shift and hours vary depending on departmental needs. These Admin Pool hire positions will be temporary hourly appointments providing general office, clerical and administrative support to various departments on campus. Duties and responsibilities will vary depending on departmental needs. Duties may include but are not limited to word processing, data entry, answering phones, filing, managing correspondence, bookkeeping, managing calendars, and front office reception.
1. Performs data entry, such as indexing incoming faxes and scanning various documents into appropriate computer systems. May include producing/maintaining daily, weekly or monthly reports/lists ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
2. Organizes departmental files, paperwork and/or documentation and ensures the confidentiality of those items.
3. May answer incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel in a timely, effective, and accurate manner. This may also include serving onsite visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them to the appropriate personnel in a
professional and timely manner.
4. May perform other office and clerical support work including, but not limited to, maintaining/ordering office supplies, making copies, sending faxes, opening/distributing mail, maintaining menu boards and special events signage and/or other routine responsibilities.
5. Depending on the department assigned, may be required to maintain orders, replenish and disperse supplies within the department, and ensure all areas and carts are appropriately stocked and the supplies are readily accessible to the clinical staff. Assists with transportation, delivery, and pick-up of supplies, health records, lab specimens, and/or equipment.
6. Works cohesively with team members to ensure delivery of outstanding customer service, in a positive work environment, that supports the department’s ongoing goals and objectives. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation
requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of
this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or
responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Strong communication and human relations skills are necessary. The incumbent should have knowledge of office practices and procedures. Good organizational skills are essential to handle multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner.
Must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
OE - Typical Office Environment: (Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Consultant, Program Manager)
• May require extensive standing and walking depending upon departmental placement.
• May require extensive sitting depending on departmental placement.
• May be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment.
• Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
• Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
• May require off-site travel
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.