This position enhances professional practice through planning, developing and conducting education, development and education and training for nursing and other key clinical services staff. Evaluates effectiveness of programs and provides guidance to staff and key leaders based on results. Facilitates assessment and identification of ongoing learning needs for staff development programs. Designs and delivers programs that support the organization’s mission, vision, values and strategic goals implemented using the organization’s framework for professional nursing practice and development and the American Nurses Association scope and standards of practice for nursing professional development. Supports eWeb technology and other e-learning applications.
About Fairbanks Denali Center
Located next to Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, Denali Center is a 90-bed comprehensive short and long-term care facility offering uniquely compassionate care to our adult patient population. Following the Eden Alternative, we foster a core belief that aging should be a continued stage of development and growth, rather than a period of decline. Within our inviting setting, we provide residents with access to daily activities, visits from friends and family, a place to worship and on-site shopping options. We also provide our dedicated health care professionals with deeply rewarding career opportunities and fulfilling lifestyle options.
Full time: 40 hours/week, Exempt, Monday-Friday days, some rotating call on weekends and nights
*Relocation, housing assistance and bonus are available for experienced RN Educators!
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Bachelors Degree in nursing.
Current RN licensure in state of practice. BLS certification required.
Three to five years work experience in nursing. Working knowledge of ancillary and support department responsibilities. Excellent presentation, facilitation and computer technology skills, strong organization and communication skills and the ability to take initiative, solve problems and improve processes.
Professional certification in specialty area preferred. Two or more years in a position with primary responsibility for design and delivery of learning programs for adult learners.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
DP - Typical Direct Patient Care environment: (Nutrition Rep, Chaplain, RN)
• Able to stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently.
• Possess physical agility and adequate reaction time to respond quickly and appropriately to unexpected patient care needs.
• Needs adequate hearing and visual acuity, including adequate color vision.
• Requires fine motor skills, adequate eye-hand coordination, and ability to grasp and handle objects.
• Able to use proper body mechanics to assist patients in ambulating, transferring in and out of bed, chair or wheelchair.
• May be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
• Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and bodily fluids.
• Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
• May require periodic use of personal computer.