About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior. We have a strong patient to nurse ratio and a culture of Shared Leadership. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
This position is responsible for procurement of equipment. Works as a member of the procurement team to source and procure equipment for all company facilities, achieving an optimal price/value outcome through bidding, contracting and negotiation work. Maintains vendor relations and promotes sound and ethical purchasing practices between the company and the vendor community by developing and maintaining positive vendor relationships based on mutual respect and trust.
Monday - Friday
7:30am - 4:00pm
1. Helps to develop and manage the relationship with contracted vendors. Assists in the review, analysis and negotiation of new and existing agreements to generate greater cost savings. Participates in the appropriate Standardization Committee(s). Facilitates the implementation of company-wide agreements.
2. Establishes bid specifications, conducts vendor screening, preparation of bids, compilation of quotes, analysis of bids and assists with the award of contracts for assigned areas. Reviews contracts and routes documents through proper channels as directed by management. Works with legal department to ensure compliance with company contract policies. Acts as a knowledge resource for Foundation Health contracts and Premier contracts where applicable.
3. As a liaison to the contract team, works to promote standardization and utilization efforts. Acts as a resource for product and vendor information for the facilities-based staff. Works closely with assigned departments to understand and meet their needs regarding product specification and selection.
4. Receives facility orders for routine and specialty supplies, and creates vendor purchase orders via Electronic Data Interface (EDI), telephone, Internet, email and fax. Works with Support Staff to process orders.
5. Provides technical training to end users and associate buying staff concerning all aspects of procurement and contracting. Locates product and vendor information sources products and suppliers. May be considered a procurement system super-user.
6. Works under limited supervision. Procures equipment and supplies in assigned area for all company facilities.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Two or more years of advanced education and training in Procurement, Business and/or Healthcare Resource certification.
Requires two or more years of related supply chain and purchasing experience, including experience with health care and capital equipment purchasing and contract negotiation. Must have excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated experience in contract formulation, with a thorough understanding of purchasing concepts. Must be able to interpret and analyze contract language, to work under strict time constraints and have the ability to prioritize difficult tasks. Requires excellent verbal, written and interpersonal relations skills. Requires accounting and mathematical skills with the ability to formulate budgets, conduct value analysis, evaluate bids and pricing proposals.
Must be able to work effectively with all common office software, and be able to manage data, reports and queries in the Materials Management Information System database.
Experience with/knowledge of medical products and equipment is strongly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.