About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior. With a strong patient-to-nurse ratio, ours is a Magnet aspiring facility with a Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
This position is responsible for routine accounting tasks for specific facilities or functions. Duties will include accounting entries, daily data input, reconciliations and other financial duties.
1. Inputs routine transactions into financial systems. These records should be in adherence with statutory requirements, company policies and GAAP.
2. Compiles data used to prepare financial, statistical and operational reports.
3. May input all capital purchases and understands how the fixed asset impacts the General Ledger.
4. Prepares financial information used by groups inside and outside the facility as directed by management. This may include internal business units, managers and external auditors.
5. Create spreadsheets and work with various financial applications.
Performs reconciliations of low volume accounts, as well as all other balance sheet accounts and key income statement accounts. Reconciliations should be detailed, accurate and supported.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Requires an Associate’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field or equivalent.
Must possess excellent customer service skills. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Requires an organized individual who can prioritize the workload to efficiently produce timely and accurate results under varying situations. Requires skill to manage significant amounts of electronic data through the use of office desktop software.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.